Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday!

SIGN UP FOR MY CARD SWAP HERE!

Here's a birthday card that I made for a sweet friend that I met through blogland (Colleen) and it's her birthday coming up soon.  So I decided to make her a card  and I know she loves the colors of purple. I paper piece the image (Ayako) on the umbrella and her kimono and all that was left to color was her head and I used Spectrum Noir on her face and copics on her hair... Everyone has their own preference but I really like how the Spectrum Noir blends out evenly especially on the face of the images. I bought 3 sets each set comes with 6  different shades the one for the faces is called ( Pale Hues) and  the other two are reds and yellows..  What is so nice about  Spectrum Noir the inks are already coordinated in the set to match and blend verses copics you have to buy tons of different shades to get the right shade you want to make it look nice.. Don't get me wrong I love copics but experimenting with Spectrum Noir to me they are just as great and yet way way cheaper.  And I've been seeing them being re-introduced back into lot of the blog sites.
Anywho here is the card I made:
Oops on the glare on both photos.

Recipe for my card:
Stamp - Ayako (Sister Stamps)
SpectrumNoir - Face -FS2, FS3, PP1
                   Hair- C5,C7,C9
Papers from: Kaiser craft (Lilac Avenue)
stickles
And here is the photo of the Spectrum Noir (Pale Hues) I'm using for the faces:

LOL- took this photo on my messy work desk-


Enjoy the new week ahead...
Thanks for taking a peek!
hugs~

24 comments:

  1. this is a sweet Birthday card...Colleen is going to love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Shirl! Love the image and love your coloring!!
    TFS and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirl,
    Gorgeous card,sweet image and fab colour!
    I have started collecting spectrum noirs myself,they are fab are'nt they
    Have a lovely week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Sweet Of you! Love the card and the paper piecing.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Shirl! Gorgeous purples and cutie image....love the paper piecing!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Yes, Colleen is going to love it. That is a really pretty purple and love the paper piecing.
    Thanks for sharing about the markers again.
    Have a wonderful Monday!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is so beautiful Shirl. Colleen will treasure it for sure and more so because it's her fave color....purple. Oh boy, I didn't get to craft for even a minute this past busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, love all the purple! sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty SS card!!! Colleen will love it especially since purple is her have color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty.love the purple.Very pretty DP.I think we all have a messy desk at this moment.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! The purple is gorgeous and great job on paper piercing:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card and such a cute image.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shirl, this is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful paper you used and it doesn't matter what you use to color...it is always amazing!! Your friend will love this!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card! The image is gorgeous! Great color! Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beautiful paper is the perfect backdrop for this lovely image. Love all the pretty shades of purple. And now you've got me googling those spectrum markers. ENABLER! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww Shirl, how sweet of you to make a birthday card for your crafty pal! She's going to love it! :) The purples are so pretty and the paper piecing looks fantastic. I love this paper stack and have used it often.. it's always so well received. :o) Lovely work as always, my friend! (And I would totally share all my cookies with you if we were neighbors! Hehe!)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. L.O.V.E.L.Y!! Love the image and your coloring is superb (even with those Spectrum Noir, i still love your coloring)!! Love the background card soo much!! Great birthday card, dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card shirl.i love the purple colours and stunning sweet image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS job with this one too!I LOVE the sweet little image that you used,TOO CUTE!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card hunni..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very lovely card! Cute image and love the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! Love the shades of purple- I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...