Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2013 Calendar!

Hello all my crafty friends~
Today I want to share what I'm working in between tons of projects and it's prepping my 2013 calendars that I need to make for the new year.  This first set is going to be mines and it's going to sitting right on my computer stand.  LOL!  I decided that I didn't want to make one of those easel cards and tack down the whole pad of calendars like I did last year..  I'm taking it up another notch by working each month differently and probably go with the theme of  each month and making  it more interesting.  Let me tell you I got quite a bunch to make, my hubby thinks I won't get them all done on time.   We have a small bet going on, hehe!  If I win, I will let you all know by mid December....Oh boy, that means I will have to get at least 5  yearly calendars completed by each month.  I'm already two weeks behind on  schedule- yikes!.
Any who like I mentioned each month will have a different theme so for my first month I decided to use  Sister Stamps (Firecrackers) and I believe 2013 is year of the Snake. I thought this stamp was appropriate because it signifies popping firecrackers chasing away the bad and bringing in the good.   Those cuties were inked up with Spectrum Noir, and copics and I had their outfits paper piece, corner banner by C.C. Designs, lazer cut sakura flowers from Island Scrapbooking, O-rings, Crop-A-Dile to punch out my eyelets and pop up dots.
I will show you each month as I get them done, next will be February (Hearts) for Valentine's - yeah!

FYI - The images are popped off the firecracker !
They looked so cute in real~

I hope I've inspired some of you - I'm not going to procrastinate like I did last year scrambling to finish all my projects , the way the days are flying pass us I'm already prepping...

Thanks for stopping by and peeking in!
Enjoy the rest of your day/evening...

20 comments:

  1. Super cute.love it.Did you print the calendar?I too want to make some calendar gifts but dont to spend time cutting out numbers and months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LAYOUT!! SO FUN!!
    Cute calendar using the Firecrackers! I love the way you did the layout.
    Great job Shirl!
    Happy Crafting!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what a great idea. Good luck on finishing them all....I am cheering you on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Shirl , love this idea , i hope you get going and win your bet , i made loads of calenders last year and gave them as gifts with other handmade goodies to my brothers and sisters , and have been asked to make some this year , but cant make my mind up whether to make them or not ...... Hugs Sue xxx

    Ps , love your new blog design , thought i was in the wrong place ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. You are going to win that bet Girl. No doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute... I love it... Great Calendar... Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative and awesome, Shirl!! I have complete faith in you that you will get it done in time my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping in to leave me a sweet comment! What a cute idea to use an asian theme with the chinese zodiac! I'm so intimidated by these larger projects, you're very patient! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Calendar is TOO CUTE!GREAT start my friend,can't wait to see each month!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a great idea. I am sure you will get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your calendar project! I hope you enjoy the process, even if you feel a bit rushed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great calendar--love the images you chose! And so much cuter than just a "regular" desk calendar to look at on your desk!! can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect images for January. Looks great. What's the wager if you or your hubby wins? Can't wait to see the results. How fun! Good luck, hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute calendar page shirl! such a great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a start and so briljantly with fireworks into the new year. Lovely ! Looking forward to the next month. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  16. so gorgeous shirl.the images are so sweet and fab design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These will be such fantastic calendars, Shirl! You will definitely complete them on time. :o) I love that each month will be unique. That's my favorite type and will absolutely be worth the added time and effort! :o) I love how you're kicking off the year. The image is such fun and I love the banner. Lovely work, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Sister Stamp calendar...just too cute. and love the banner!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...