Monday, August 6, 2012

Magazine card holder!

2nd post!

Hello all my crafty blogging buddies!
I've been surfing the web looking for ideas to make for the upcoming holidays, I came across this tutorial for this cute magazine card holder so I decided to make one this morning.. I'm sure their must be a lot of you out there that has so many cards that you don't know what to do with them... Some may have been sitting in your Etsy stores for quite some time, or maybe on EBay, trying to sell them but having no luck well I'm one of them.  LOL!
So I came up with this cute idea,  my family and close friends love hand made cards so I decided I will be making these magazine card holders and give them cards for all different occasions that way they can either keep it  for themselves or give them away with their gift giving...  It was simple and really fast to put together.  So for my first one I will consider this a trial and error... So now that I have mastered this, I can start planning going forward... They are sturdy and also make cute holders to put on your desk too.    This magazine holder can fit up to 6 - 8 cards and envelopes , well I take it back if you put a lot of embellies on them then you will have to make that  determination.  For my posting on this I have (8) cards and (8) envelopes a total of 16 that fits in here.  We both have big families on both sides, so counting my cards and card holders I sure can  deplete my stack of cards to a worthy cause to give away  to our family members.... Now, doesn't this make pure sense!  Instead of hoarding  they will be put to good use... Yeah, I know it's hard to part with those cards, especially putting all that hard work to it all.   I would rather see my cards make some body smile, giggle, or shed a tear.   Okay enough of me babbling!
Let me get to my project, so I just used previous cards that I made recently just to see what they would  look like in this holder.   It's called a sample so you all can see the picture.  I used K & Co. on the papers, Martha Stewart border punch, lace, liquid pearls,  sentiment from SOG  and Spellbinders die.  BTW these are A2 cards.







I hope this inspired you to make one too... Decorate it and put it in a clear poly bag wrapped with a beautiful tag and ribbon.   I bet I got all of you thinking now!  hehe....
Thanks for peeking in and enjoy your new work week and some quality craft time too!

24 comments:

  1. Cute! Maybe I need to make some of those. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Brilliant!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome project, dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great magazine holder---it looks so pretty with the eyelet trim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! i made a bunch of mini ones before. they are fun! these will make sweet gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea Shirl. I'm sure your family and friends will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous shirl.i love the pretty colours and a fab gift idea :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic,idea, Shirl and it looks so pretty!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea Shirl!!! These would make great gifts!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Shirl ! My collection of cards grows as well, but I sold quite a few this summer during a garden show :) Your cards will be wonderful gifts for the lucky recepients. Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is fabulous...such a fun idea and I love the color...don't you just love all the ideas you can find on the web...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo these are so creative and fabulous, Shirl!! I love the look!! What a great gift idea!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need to make me one of these. Looks Great. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I put in an order too? :)
    Cute idea, I will need to look in to that and add it to the other projects I would love to do.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute.i love this idea as a gift.Love the way you embellished it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay... this is so clever!!! Its gorgeous... love the pp and that lace...Beautiful... you are awesome... Shirl... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a wonderful project for crafters. Who doesn't want prettier holders? I'm inspired again by you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you see the light bulb over my head! What a great idea!!! Thank you for sharing, yours is so pretty!
    Have a SUPER night!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great idea! Love how you decorated it too! Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shirl, this is such an incredible gift idea!!! I just love how you've decorated this one. The papers and trim are so beautiful and I love the sentiment choice. I think a lot of us will be inspired by this post, my talented friend! :o) Fabulous work!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude, totally genius, what a great idea to hold the cards!!!! You ROCK my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your magazine holder came out so nice! I may have to do this too! I was thinking of giving cards as gifts too...so this will be a nice presentation for the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. super cute.i love this idea as a gift.Love the way you embellished it.What a great to put a gift card in Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...